Business IT is dominated by a handful of vendors – how effective is your agency’s relationship with your largest IT vendors? Establishing enterprise agreements with your most strategic IT vendors can unlock value for your agency while cutting costs and improving efficiencies.
Most federal agencies face an uphill battle when attempting to manage their significant investments in business IT, whether it’s desktop productivity, transitioning to the cloud, or ensuring security. Moreover, many of the largest IT software and hardware manufacturers don’t treat federal agencies as one enterprise resulting in multiple contracts, differing licensing approaches, and an inability to leverage significant investments.
Establishing an enterprise agreement can shift the relationships between federal agencies and IT vendors from fragmented and transactional to more collaborative and strategic. Both organizations can align their goals and incentives to create mutual value. One size – and strategy – does not fit all, and in the shifting IT landscape, agencies must be empowered to evaluate and develop vendor relationships that will ensure long-term success for both parties.
The landscape of federal IT negotiations is being rewritten—how can agencies draft a successful road map? Censeo has helped agencies across the civilian and defense landscape not only realize immediate value, but also establish organizational capabilities and processes that result in long-term value. Our services include:
- Enterprise License Opportunity Assessment – Before starting discussions around enterprise agreements, agencies must decide what agreement type is best for them – or if an ELA is even the right choice. Censeo supports initial diagnostics to assess priorities, target outcomes, and potential benefits, and to create buy-in for your agency.
- Software Publisher Spend & Requirements Analysis – How well does your agency understand the past and potential future usage of the vendor’s products in your environment? Censeo has expertise in historical spend assessments, including pricing analysis and benchmarking, which can inform future strategy and negotiating position.
- Software Publisher Federal Market Analysis – Knowledge is power: gathering actionable market intelligence regarding the OEM/vendor, their technology, and key market trends informs strategy and supports effective engagement. Our team’s market analysis experience can empower your agency in preparing for vendor negotiations.
- Vendor Engagement Support – Is your team armed with the right information and expertise to effectively engage your largest IT partners? Level the playing field by leveraging critical analytics and our expert facilitators to explore the full range of opportunities for joint cost and capability management with your most critical IT partners.
- Enterprise License Strategy and Business Case – Building organizational buy-in for an enterprise initiative is always a challenge. Our experts will help your team combine analytical findings and results of customer and vendor engagement to document the business case for moving forward with an enterprise strategy.
Want to learn more about implementing a successful enterprise agreement strategy from planning to execution? Read more on IT negotiation strategies and tactics from our experts at Censeo below as part of our Working Knowledge series.